B. Aspiring & Current Administrative Leaders
The Leadership Program is designed to meet the needs for professional learning and leadership development of all Lakehead Public Schools’ educators. This program consists of the following components:
Master of Education Program
Principals’ Qualification Program
Supervisory Officer's Qualification Program
Professional Learning and Research Opportunities
Workshops (Internal and External)
Conferences (Internal and External)
Participants in this program may apply for financing of tuition assistance for AQ courses and may receive financial assistance for the Masters of Education Program, the Principals' Qualification Program and the Supervisory Officer's Qualification Program; course scheduling to meet participant needs; and, an opportunity to “connect” with the system - colleagues and other resources.
WHY SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM?
The Leadership Program is open to all permanent staff employed by the Lakehead District School Board who are interested in seeking professional learning and leadership development. Leadership roles can include, but are not limited to, the roles of secondary chairperson, vice principal, principal, and superintendent. The program will provide financial and professional support to participants in the process of acquiring the required qualifications:
- Master of Education courses
- Principals’ Qualification Courses
- Supervisory Officer's Qualification Program
WHO SHOULD SIGN UP?
- Individuals who wish professional growth through inservice workshops
- Individuals aspiring to Vice Principal, Principal and Superintendent positions with the Board.
- Only permanent staff (PT/FT) of the Board.
WHAT IF I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TAKING COURSES RIGHT NOW?
- Apply anyhow. Members are ensured regular communication on upcoming leadership opportunities, course offerings, and professional development.
IS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE?
- The Program may provide financial support to participants who apply to the Masters of Education, PQP or SOQP Program. Subsidies may include tuition reduction and supply coverage. The amount of subsidy to each participant will vary according to the total number of participants. If participants leave the employ of Lakehead Public Schools before three years, they will be required to repay a portion of the subsidy (50% after one year; 25% after two years).
- Registration in the Leadership @ LPS Program is limited to the month of September. Applications must be received by 4:30 pm Monday, September 30, 2013.
- For more information, please contact Eileen Haven at email@example.com.