Trustee Jack Playford was elected as Chair of the Lakehead District School Board at this evening’s Inaugural Board Meeting. Trustee George Saarinen was elected as Vice Chair of the Board.
Two newly elected Trustees were also sworn in at this evening’s Inaugural Board Meeting. Trustee Ellen Chambers and Trustee Trudy Tuchenhagen took the Official Oath of Office to formally begin their four year terms as Trustees of the Lakehead District School Board.
Other Board positions determined at the meeting include:
- Member of the Coordinating Committee – Trustee Marg Arnone
- Coordinating Committee Alternate – Trustee Ellen Chambers
During the Annual meeting the following committees presented their annual reports to the Board:
- Aboriginal Education Advisory Committee
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- Parent Involvement Committee
- Thunder Bay Public Library Board
The Director’s Annual Report was also presented to the Board at this evening’s Annual Meeting. The report provides an update on the progress and key actions utilized in meeting the goals and objectives of this year’s Strategic Plan. The report can be viewed HERE.