Lakehead District School Board continues to seek applications from interested public school supporters to serve in the following positions on its Parent Involvement Committee:
- One (1) School Council Representative
- Four (4) Alternate School Council Representatives
- Two (2) Alternate Parent Members
- Two (2) Community Representatives (shall not be a member or employee of Lakehead District School Board)
The purpose of the Parent Involvement Committee is to support, encourage and enhance parent engagement at the Board level in order to improve student achievement and well being. Reg. 330/10 Sec. 27(1)
The Committee achieves this by:
- providing information and advice on parent engagement to Lakehead District School Board;
- communicating with and supporting Lakehead District School Board School Councils and associated network meetings;
- undertaking activities to help parents support their children’s learning at home and at school through system level initiatives;
- providing parent representation to other Lakehead District School Board committees; and
- supporting positive relationships at school and Board level to enhance student success.
The positions are effective from November 15, 2016 to November 14, 2017. The Parent Involvement Committee meets a minimum of four times per year.
Links to the By-Laws and application forms are available HERE.
Applications should be addressed to:
Ian MacRae, Director of Education
Lakehead District School Board
2135 Sills Street
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5T2
For additional information, please contact Judy Hill, Executive Assistant, at 625-5131 or via email at email@example.com.