Lakehead District School Board invites applications from interested public school supporters each year to serve on its Parent Involvement Committee. To view the available school council, parent and community representative positions, please visit here:
The purpose of the Parent Involvement Committee is to support, encourage and enhance parent engagement at the Board level in order to improve student achievement and well being. Ed. Act S. 27(1)
The Committee achieves this by:
- providing information and advice on parent engagement to Lakehead District School Board;
- communicating with and supporting Lakehead District School Board school councils and associated network meetings;
- undertaking activities to help parents support their children’s learning at home and at school through system level initiatives;
- providing parent representation to other Lakehead District School Board committees; and
- supporting positive relationships at school and Board level to enhance student success.
The positions for the 2019-2020 school year will be effective November 15, 2019. The Parent Involvement Committee meets a minimum of four times per year.
Committee and meeting information can be accessed here:
The By-Laws and application form are available on the website at www.lakeheadschools.ca or from the Office of the Director. The application deadline is Friday, September 20, 2019. Applications should be addressed to:
Ian MacRae, Director of Education
Lakehead District School Board
2135 Sills Street
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 5T2