What is OYAP?
This OYAP program is funded by the Government of Ontario
The Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) allows a Co-op student to begin to learn a skilled trade while completing the requirements for a high school diploma. A Co-op student may be signed as an apprentice with the employer at the time of his/her placement. Students graduate with a diploma, skills in a trade, experience in the workplace, and a head start in a skilled profession.
For the Student
CLICK to watch Rachel’s OYAP success story.
- Allows students to explore the skilled trades, which could lead to a meaningful career.
- Allows students to earn credits towards a high school diploma for skills demonstrated in the workplace. Also allows students to log hours and develop competencies toward the total hours required for the trade as a registered apprentice while in secondary school.
- Increases opportunities for part time employment.
- Builds a network for future employment.
- Experiences a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in becoming a successful tradesperson.
- Allows students to earn a high school diploma and gain a start towards a career in a skilled trade. After earning an OSSD, various financial incentives are available.
For more information:
or visit OYAP.com