The #Tech2Learn challenge seeks to capture and celebrate innovative teaching and learning practices that use technology to enhance student learning. Students and staff at Lakehead Public Schools are utilizing innovative technology, tablets, laptops, apps and websites that excite and engage students in learning and this challenge seeks to showcase these accomplishments.
How to enter
This contest is open to any student or staff member in Lakehead Public Schools.
- Group submissions (teachers and students) by a school are permitted and encouraged.
- Videos should be no more than four (4) minutes in length and contain no copyrighted material. Blogs or reports should be no longer than two pages.
- Submissions can be posted on Yammer with the hashtag #tech2learn, or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org (See this link on how to post to yammer – http://youtu.be/vdxFN1Fuha8?hd=1)
- Please have this consent form signed for any students appearing in your submission and email the consent forms to – email@example.com
- Weekly prizes – Each week we will award a 50$ Best Buy gift certificate to the winner and a pizza lunch to the winners class.
- Grand prizes – On May 27 we will announce two overall winners (1 elementary and 1 secondary submission) who will receive an iPad.
Students or staff can enter a short video, digital portfolio, website, graphic or report on how they are using technology to enhance student learning. Examples of Some of the things you may want to consider showcasing include:
- Use of technology to promote authentic and engaging learning
- Skills for a digital age
- Creativity and innovation
- Critical thinking
- Communication and digital literacies
- Digital citizenship
- Empowerment – self-directed, self-paced learning
- Anytime/anywhere learning – shift from learning “in the classroom” to lifelong, borderless learning
This contest was modeled after a similar “Classroom of the future challenge” by MindShare Learning. Past contest winners to this challenge can be found here – http://mindsharelearning.ca/video-challenge-winners-circle/