Students attending SECONDARY SCHOOLS in Thunder Bay are required to request school bus transportation annually. This applies to all students entering all grades at any Secondary School in September 2019, including current Grade 12 students who plan on returning for an additional year.
The Application for 2019-2020 Senior Elementary School and High School Transportation link is now open at www.ststb.ca for students attending the following schools in September 2019 and must be completed by April 30, 2019 in order to be included in preparing routes for next year.
- Hammarskjold High School
- Westgate Collegiate & Vocational Institute
- Superior Collegiate & Vocational Institute
- Senior Elementary and Secondary school students must reside greater than 1.6 kms away from their board-designated school to qualify for busing;
- School bus stops are farther away for senior elementary and secondary school students – they are expected to walk up to 800 meters to access a bus stop in residential areas;
- Eligibility is determined solely by STSTB’s software. The current year’s eligibility tool can be found under the ‘Eligibility’ link at www.ststb.ca;
- If your student chooses to register at a school other than his/her board designated school, transportation will not be provided;
- Assigned students who do not ride the bus at least once in any 20 consecutive school day period are subject to removal from busing and must reapply in order to be reinstated;
- Individual student transportation information for the 2019-2020 school year will only be available online through the ‘Parent Portal’ at www.ststb.caat the end of June 2019. A notice will be posted when this information is available.
Student Transportation Services of Thunder Bay is the transportation consortium for the Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board, Lakehead District School Board and Conseil scolaire de district catholique des Aurores boréales.
For further information, please visit www.ststb.ca or contact Student Transportation Services of Thunder Bay at (807) 625-1660.