We are committed to the success of every student.
We promote and support equity of opportunities and outcomes for students, in an environment that is accessible, safe, inclusive, and respectful. We support every student and staff member to be inspired and successful lifelong learners.
2023-2024 BUDGET DEVELOPMENT
We will support our students to achieve academic excellence and personal well-being in an inclusive setting that builds character and values, while preparing them to participate fully in a global society and further our commitment to reconciliation.
- Students come first.
- The allocation of financial resources will be aligned to match system and operational goals and priorities identified in the Multi-Year Strategic Plan, including the Indigenous Education Framework.
- We will invest in the future of the organization by focusing on innovation, engagement, partnerships, facilities, leadership and professional learning that support student success.
- The engagement of stakeholders in a consultative budget process will assist in setting priorities.
- Budget decisions will ensure strong fiscal responsibility into the future.
2022-23 Budget Process
|Preliminary Enrolment Projections||January, 2023|
|Administration to Develop Guiding Principles & Operational Priorities||January 24, 2023|
|Establishment of the Budget Committee||January 24, 2023|
|Budget Committee Meeting:|
• Election of Chair & Vice-Chair
• Preliminary Analysis of 2022-23 Budget
• 2022-23 Budget Timetable
|February 28, 2023|
|Administration to Attend Advisory Committee Meetings to present Budget Information||AEAC March 23, 2023|
SEAC March 22, 2023
PIC March 6, 2023
|Budget Preparation||April / May / June, 2023|
|Input from invited Stakeholders:|
• Student Councils
|April 4, 2023|
These groups either submit reports or attend meetings to discuss priorities. In addition, a web-based budget input option will be made available to the public.
|Director’s Council Budget Review & Approval||May 9, 2023|
|Budget Committee Meeting – Preliminary Budget for discussion||May 25, 2023|
|Budget Committee Meeting – Preliminary Budget for discussion||May 30, 2023|
|Budget Committee Meeting Approval (prior to Board Advisory Committee)||June 13, 2023|
|Board Approval of 2021-2022 Budget||June 27, 2023|
|Submission to Ministry of Education||June 30, 2023|
Deadline for public input is March 21, 2023.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Budget Chair Scottie Wemigwans
Budget Committee Vice Chair George Saarinen
Budget Meeting Agendas
2023 02 28 Budget Committee Agenda