We will support our students to achieve academic excellence and personal well-being in an inclusive setting that builds character and values, while preparing them to participate fully in a global society.
- Students come first.
- The allocation of financial resources will be aligned to match system and operational goals and priorities identified in the Multi-Year Strategic Plan.
- We will invest in the future of the organization by focusing on innovation, engagement, partnerships, facilities and professional learning that support student success.
- The engagement of stakeholders in a consultative budget process will assist in setting priorities.
- Budget decisions will ensure strong fiscal responsibility into the future.
2022-23 Budget Process
|Preliminary Enrolment Projections||January, 2022|
|Administration to Develop Guiding Principles & Operational Priorities||January, 2022|
|Establishment of the Budget Committee||January 26, 2022|
|Budget Committee Meeting:|
• Election of Chair & Vice-Chair
• Preliminary Analysis of 2022-23 Budget
• 2022-23 Budget Timetable
|February 22, 2022|
|Administration to Attend Advisory Committee Meetings to present Budget Information||AEAC March 24, 2022|
SEAC March 9, 2022
PIC March 7,2022
|Budget Preparation||April / May / June, 2022|
|Input from invited Stakeholders:|
• Student Councils
|April 5, 2022|
These groups either submit reports or attend meetings to discuss priorities. In addition, a web-based budget input option will be made available to the public.
|Director’s Council Budget Review||May 2022|
|Budget Committee Meeting (prior to Standing Committee)||May 10, 2022|
|Budget Committee Meeting||May 17, 2022|
|Budget Committee Meeting – Preliminary Budget for discussion||June 1, 2022|
|Director’s Council Budget Approval||June 2022|
|Budget Committee Meeting (for approval)||June 14, 2022|
|Board Approval of 2021-2022 Budget||June 28, 2022|
|Submission to Ministry of Education||June 30, 2022|
Deadline for public input is March 21, 2022.
Email submissions to email@example.com
Budget Chair George Saarinen
Budget Committee Vice Chair Scottie Wemigwans