Secondary Virtual Learning Module
Jan 1, 1970
As a part of our Conventional Return, the Ministry of Education has announced that students will receive a combination of in-class and virtual learning.
- All students 9-12 will attend school 5 days per week with normal class sizes
- Students will take 2 courses per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon
- In order to limit the number of contacts students encounter at school, each course will be offered as a blended model – one week in person and one week virtually throughout the quadmester (see attached schedule)
- Students are encouraged to bring their own devices to school each day for use in both in person courses as well as virtual courses
- In person classes will run every morning and virtual classes will run every afternoon
- Students will be on a two week rotating schedule, attending one course in person in the morning, and their second course virtually in the afternoon. In week 2, those courses would flip. For example, consider a student taking Mathematics and English. In week 1, they would receive instruction from the Math teacher in class, and English virtually online. In week 2, they would receive instruction from the English teacher in class and from the Math teacher online.
- Students may choose to participate in their afternoon virtual course online at home, if possible
- Students are welcome to attend their afternoon virtual course online at school – they will be expected to work on their virtual course in the same classroom as their morning course.