Student Technology Innovation Summit
One Hundred and fifty Lakehead Public Schools Grade 6 to 8 students had the unique opportunity to attend the second annual Student Technology Summit at Superior Collegiate and Vocational Institute on the Friday, November 17 Professional Activity Day. The Student Technology Summit is an interactive and fun day that is focused on the technology that is being currently utilized in classrooms throughout the Lakehead Public Schools system. The Summit is provided through a partnership between the Microsoft and Lakehead Public Schools.
“We were very excited and pleased to once again be able to provide this very unique opportunity for our students during this Professional Activity Day,” says Michelle Probizanski, Principal of Superior Collegiate and Vocational Institute and Chair of the Lakehead Public Schools Information Technology Committee. “Through this partnership with Microsoft, participating students can experience a true conference like setting complete with keynote speakers and breakout sessions with hands-on activities to explore the exciting technology in our schools.”
During the Student Technology Summit, the participating students were able to explore, reflect, and create with exciting technology tools, including:
- Mixed Reality with Paint3D and the Microsoft HoloLens
- Microbit coding on the pocket-sized microcomputer
- Robotics with the Sir Winston Churchill Collegiate and Vocational Institute FIRST Robotics Team
- Makerspace in the Superior Collegiate and Vocational Institute Maker Lab
- eLearning discover innovative, flexible learning in Superior Collegiate and Vocational Institute eLearning Room
- Scratch game design and programming
Lunch was provided for everyone and transportation was provided for those who required it.