Student Technology Innovation Summit
One Hundred and Fifty Lakehead Public Schools Grade 7 to 8 students will have the unique opportunity to attend the third annual Student Technology Innovation Summit at Superior Collegiate and Vocational Institute on the Friday, November 15 Professional Activity Day. The Student Technology Innovation Summit is an interactive and fun day that is focused on the technology that is being currently utilized in classrooms throughout the Lakehead Public Schools system. The Summit is provided through a partnership between Microsoft and Lakehead Public Schools.
“Through this partnership with Microsoft, participating students can experience a true conference like setting complete with keynote speakers and breakout sessions with hands-on activities to explore the exciting technology in our schools.” Says Gino Russo, Lakehead Public Schools Information Technology Resource Teacher.
During the Student Technology Summit, the participating students will explore, reflect, and create with exciting technology tools, including:
- Scratch Game Design and Programming
- Programming with Sphero robotics.
- Robotics with the Superior Robotics Team
- Programming with micro:bit
- Makerspace with the Circuit Playground Express
- Learn about block programming and create your own unique LED patterns.
- Minecraft and Code Builder
- Ozobots and Cartography
- STEM Chemistry Experiment