Register a Student for Secondary School Bus Transportation
All students attending Grades 9-12 next year who will require bus transportation must register for bus transportation before April 29, 2022. To register a student for next year’s secondary school bus transportation, click here. Secondary students must be registered ANNUALLY.
The Student Transportation Services of Thunder Bay look after all bus routes and registrations. Those who do not confirm their busing needs will be removed from bus route planning for next year. Late applications may result in delays in being assigned to a bus until after the start of the school year.
* Returning students to elementary schools (SK-8 next year) are assumed to be requesting the same transportation arrangements as this year for next and do not need to re-apply. If you need to make a change for these students next year, please contact your school office.
* NEW JK students starting in September 2022 will have transportation set up based on what’s indicated on their registration form. If you need to make any changes, please contact the school office.
* If you choose to register at a school other than your address based board-designated school, transportation will not be provided. See https://ststb.ca/en/schools/address-eligibility-lookup to confirm transportation eligibility for your address.
* Transportation addresses for secondary school students must be a minimum of 1.6 km from their designated school and school bus stop locations are generally further away – students are expected to walk up to 800 meters to access a bus stop.
* Bus routes and schedules are planned during the spring for the following school year. In order to ensure bus service is scheduled for your student moving on to secondary school next year, applications for school bus transportation must be received by April 29th.